Housing Authority of the County of Beaver (HACB)
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Statement and Action Plan
March 27, 2020
To further do our part in slowing the spread of the Coronavirus in Beaver County, effective March 27, 2020, our Administrative Office located at 300 State Avenue, Beaver, Pa is now closed to the general public. Office staff performing executive office duties, maintenance department duties, accounting department duties, IT department duties, application intake duties, leasing duties, Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program duties and Crescent Commons and CARL Program duties are still working but are limiting their interaction to the general public by mail, email or telephone. If you have rent payments or paperwork to drop off, please use the drop box that is located at the right of the entrance door from our parking lot.
Effective March 27, 2020, Staff in the Management Offices of our family and elderly developments are still working. They will no longer accept rent payments and are limiting their interaction with their residents to mail, email or telephone. Please contact your Manager or the Housing Authority’s Administrative Office if you have an emergency work order or any questions or concerns.
Residents have two options to pay their rent by either mailing their rent payment to the Housing Authority of Beaver County, 300 State Avenue, Beaver, Pa 15009 or use the online payment method on our website at www.beavercountyhousing.org.
The Housing Authority of the County of Beaver has also implemented the following actions:
- Effective March 13, 2020, all Community Rooms and Centers were closed until further notice. Effective March 26, 2020, all gazeboes at our elderly developments were closed until further notice.
- Effective March 16, 2020, all elderly developments and family three story walk-up developments are being sanitized on a daily basis during the workweek and once on the weekend until further notice.
- Effective March 23, 2020, only emergency maintenance work orders will be performed.
- Effective March 16, 2020, evictions have been suspended until further notice unless the eviction is necessary to protect the health and safety of HACB staff and/or residents. Presently, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court has suspended all Landlord/Tenant Actions until April 3, 2020 or thereafter.
- Effective March 16, 2020, late fees assessed for late payment of rent have been waived until further notice.
- Local school districts and faith based organizations are delivering or have at stated locations bagged food items for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner for school age children that reside in our family developments.
- Effective March 27, 2020, the Weatherization Program has suspended program activities except CRISIS.
- Effective March 27, 2020, the Home Improvement Program has suspended program activities.
Please practice the recommended actions of the Center for Disease Control and the Pennsylvania Department of Health in respects to social distancing, washing of your hands, the use of hand sanitizer, sneeze or cough into a tissue or your elbow, limit your travel out in the general public only for needed items such as food, medicine and gasoline for your vehicle.
As we all play our part, we can together help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus. It is important to follow the recommendations of Federal, State and Local governmental officials. Please do not congregate in your buildings, stay at home but look out for each other. It is in these trying times that we as members of our communities can rise to the occasion and do what is asked of us.
Pray one for another, be kind to one another and stay safe.